Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Arunsundar
Frequent Visitor

measures in tabular model not visible in power bi

Hi Team,

Greetings!

I have a issue while connecting to SSAS tabular model from Power BI.

The tabular model is getting connected but I am unable to see the measures in a separate folder but it is listed down under the tables. It will be easy for the business users to have a look at them if they are shown separately at the top. I tried searching but could not resolve this issue.

Attaching the screenshots for your reference. Kindly let me know if you require further clarifications.

Expected Output - Measures to come as separate optionExpected Output - Measures to come as separate optionAs of now - Measures appearing as dimensions.As of now - Measures appearing as dimensions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support.

I found out what caused fact tables not to appear with Measures symbol.

This is because, there are other elements apart from measures being present in the SSAS tabular model. Once I hide the elements and then deleted the database in SSMS and then redeployed the model to the server.

If I connect to the model via Power BI, I am able to see the measures segregated at the top appropriately.

Resolved.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Arunsundar,

From your description, it seems that you are connecting live to SSAS tabular model, right?

As it’s a live connection, the table structure is depend on the model design on SSAS side. You can post a thread in SSAS forum to design a desired model firstly.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support.

I found out what caused fact tables not to appear with Measures symbol.

This is because, there are other elements apart from measures being present in the SSAS tabular model. Once I hide the elements and then deleted the database in SSMS and then redeployed the model to the server.

If I connect to the model via Power BI, I am able to see the measures segregated at the top appropriately.

Resolved.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.