Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

measures doesnt appear

hi all,

i'm working with the ssas report

i want to create a new measure, suddenly when i want to calculate with the old measures, it's doesnt appear when i want to use them. measures i can use are the measuer i've been created before in PBI

is someone knows what's the problem?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MP_123,

According to your description, you want to create a new measure with "old measures". Does these "old measures" means measures created in your data model(either Multidimensional or Tabular)?

In Power BI Desktop, when working with SSAS data source, you can only use the objects imported from data source. And the measures you create in Power BI Desktop only return a single value. But the measures in your cube can be sliced by dimension members into rows. You can't see these measure in drop down if you directly use them in DAX because they are multi-value data. You need to use aggregation functions like SUM to make it to be a single value.

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MP_123,

According to your description, you want to create a new measure with "old measures". Does these "old measures" means measures created in your data model(either Multidimensional or Tabular)?

In Power BI Desktop, when working with SSAS data source, you can only use the objects imported from data source. And the measures you create in Power BI Desktop only return a single value. But the measures in your cube can be sliced by dimension members into rows. You can't see these measure in drop down if you directly use them in DAX because they are multi-value data. You need to use aggregation functions like SUM to make it to be a single value.

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.