Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shei7141
Helper III
Helper III

measure not working on line chart

hi all,

I have a very strange situation. I have a measure and when I plot it in a table the values are shown but when I try to map them into a line chart no values are visible.

values in table

shei7141_0-1598793327158.png

nothing in line chart or bar chart

shei7141_1-1598793438784.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shei7141 

1. Please make sure the measure was set as numberic type.

2. Please put the measure in the values tab.

Please also note the limitation:

• One line chart cannot have dual Y axes. You'll need to use a combo chart instead.
  • In the examples above, the charts were formatted to increase font size, change font color, add axis titles, center the chart title and legend, start both axes at zero, and more. The Formatting pane (paint roller icon) has a seemingly endless set of options for making your charts look the way you want them to. The best way to learn is to open the Formatting pane and explore.

If not help, please kindly elaborate more.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shei7141 

1. Please make sure the measure was set as numberic type.

2. Please put the measure in the values tab.

Please also note the limitation:

• One line chart cannot have dual Y axes. You'll need to use a combo chart instead.
  • In the examples above, the charts were formatted to increase font size, change font color, add axis titles, center the chart title and legend, start both axes at zero, and more. The Formatting pane (paint roller icon) has a seemingly endless set of options for making your charts look the way you want them to. The best way to learn is to open the Formatting pane and explore.

If not help, please kindly elaborate more.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shei7141 , Check the format of the data. Id it number or text. It should be a number.

What is the axis you have taken on the line. With that Axis are you getting data in a table visual?

Check for any page/visual level filter. Or create a new page new visual and try.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@shei7141  Can you share your sample data. To be able to show data on line chart, you need to have atleast data for two months. Line chart will not appear if you have only one data points or data for only one month. To answer your query, i suggest you to share sample data by months. 

Follow me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/pramod-negi-1858aa15/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

Will you be able to provide the PBI file? It is difficult to say why you are getting the error. Are there any additional filters active on the line chart?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.