Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luke050
Frequent Visitor

measure: daily gain in column with filter/slicer based on different table

This is how the table binding looks like:

Bez tytułu1.png

I would like to create a measure that will calculate daily increase/decrease in the column: sessions_info[instagram_profiles_info.followers] for each sessions_info[date] 
there may be several entries for the sessions_info[date] , therefore the maximum value should be taken for each date.

another problem is that this table sessions_info has records for all profiles in instagram_profiles. and I need to plot the change for each one based on the slice selection in my visualization.  slicer based on instagram_profiles[name]

dailychange = 
    VAR yesterday=maxx(FILTER(all(sessions_info),sessions_info[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE(sessions_info[Date])-1),sessions_info[instagram_profiles_info.followers])
    return if(ISBLANK(yesterday),BLANK(),max(sessions_info[instagram_profiles_info.followers])-yesterday)

this is my attempt to build but it doesn't work properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@luke050 

please see the attachment below

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
luke050
Frequent Visitor

maybe I did not describe it well enough.

the measure I wrote works, but only when the sessions_info table contains data for one profile. then there is simply no need to filter and the measure calculate for all the lines.the problem occurs when I have data from other profiles. then the measure simply scrambles the data.

@ryan_mayu I think you helped me, but now the data structure has changed, and i have data for multiple profiles in one database

@luke050 

since I am not clear about your real business, could you pls provide some sample data and expected output?

Hi @ryan_mayu sure, maybe now it will be easier:Bez tytułu3.png

@luke050 

please see the attachment below

@ryan_mayuThank you,thats it. i added one modification because for the first day in the model this column always returned a big jump (because your column in this case assumes yesterday was 0). so I added a simple if conditionobraz.png

glad to hear that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.