Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lexhartman
Regular Visitor

measure column based on one-to-may relation

Hello,

I'm new to power BI and i really don't know where to begin. My background is PHP programming and a little bit of SQL. If anyone could help me that would be really nice.

I am using a mysql database as "THE" data which i'm working with. For this question there are two main columns:

1. 'task, with columns; id, name, type, etc...
  2. 'activity', with columns: id, execution_date, executed_by, etc..

There is a one-to-many relation; one task can have many activities. The relation is already created in Power BI. I'm looking to create a new measure column in the task table. Where i want to put the value of the 'execution_date' from the most recent executed activity (if there is an activity, if there is no activity the value can be null or false...)

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi lexhartman,

What does "the most recent date"  mean? Does it mean one week past, one month past or other logic? You said "a new measure column", do you want to create a measure or a calculate column? In addtion, could you share some sample data to clarify more explictly about your issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.