Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gtamir
Post Patron
Post Patron

matrix table

Hi, I'd like to build from the Sales table a matrix table that shows if a customer bought from more then one category.
Can I do it in visuals, or build a new table, and how.

Thanks, Giora

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EeGwPluYFVvIyjkQLJYW4czOwujiog6U/view?usp=sharing&fbclid=IwAR02TGKD...

ScreenHunter_099.jpgScreenHunter_098.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gtamir,

I have mentioned  above,  you didn't use Category field from new table. You could refer to my design on your sample

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gtamir,

Because some records not exist in table, if you want to show it in Matrix, you need to create a table and use this in Matrix. You need to create table like below

Table = VALUES(Sales[Product Category])

Then create relationship like below

352.PNG

Create a measure like below

Measure = IF(MIN(Sales[ID]),"true", "false")

Then you will get the result like below

353.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@dax thanks. why only the TRUE shows in my case?

Also, the ID is the Customer ID not product Category ID.

Giora

ScreenHunter_113.jpg

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  gtamir, 

Did you try my suggestions? Because the blank cell in Matrix don't exist in your table, you can't calculate based on these cells. You need to create a related table to link to original table, then when you use it in Matrix, you could calculate on it.

In your image, you didn't use Category field from new table. You could try to follow my suggestions to use it, then it should work.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

I did create a table and also created a measure. I changed the name of the field to customer ID that I'd like to see next to the name.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTTnq8SbV6B_50h6X-pNgBIuGhXfYlI3/view?usp=sharing

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gtamir,

I have mentioned  above,  you didn't use Category field from new table. You could refer to my design on your sample

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks @amitchandak  but I want to designate True or Fauls if exists on the first table. As the image shows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.