Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

matrix table help

hello,  i am trying to create this matrix in this format, a Dimension in column 1 that is distinct, and in Column 2, a set of repeating measures for each distinct Dimension in Column 1.  If possible... i would like each value cell  to link to another report page...

i am enclosing a screenshot, i tried to do this in the standard matrix but had trouble... please give me advice .  thanks

matrix_janice.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ilcaa72,

It is not possible to link each cell value to other report page as you describe, there is a similar idea about this issue, please vote it up. 

In addition, to show measures in rows of Matrix visual, you would need to create a disconnect table as described in this blog.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ilcaa72,

It is not possible to link each cell value to other report page as you describe, there is a similar idea about this issue, please vote it up. 

In addition, to show measures in rows of Matrix visual, you would need to create a disconnect table as described in this blog.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

question Lydia

do you think i will be able to drop a Dimension in 1st column like my original screenshot shows?  (if you have used this before)

i just dont want to go thru the process and I cant format it this way... any guidance on this issue?

@ilcaa72,

I am afraid that it is not possible as if you add the dimension to the Measure table, how will you establish relationship between the measures based on the dimension?

Regards,
Lydia

thanks Lydia.  The link to report is the least of the concerns, its a "nice to have". 

the ideal would be to create this type of structured table. ill check out the links

th3h0bb5
Resolver II
Resolver II

It's not an exact representation (it's pivoted) but you can make something similar using a table viz and a slicer:

Example.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.