Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

debutant
Frequent Visitor

matrix: actual vs budet sales

Hello,

I am a beginner, I wish to compare actual vs budget sales but can't get it to work. My actual and budget numbers are both in the same table, along with the regions (one large excel sheet), could this be the problem ? 

Here is my table

debutant_4-1665105112722.png

My selections are :

debutant_1-1665104861081.png

debutant_3-1665104905953.png

Thank you for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@debutant , Having them in one sheet is not a problem. Not if there is a column type (Actual/budget)  and Value. then you need measures

Actual= calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Type] ="Actual"))

Budget= calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Type] ="Budget"))

Create a date table and other dimensions as per need

refer first 5-6 video of the series , I have discussed breaking of a large table

Power BI Tutorial Series for Beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsAzTqSDVg&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
debutant
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

thank you, this worked perfectly. 

I would like to make YTD comparison vs. prior year, I have written this measure but am stuck because it always shows the full year, I don't know how to make it so that it would only show the same period values as Current year sales, not the entire year. (surrent year woul be defined from a slicer)

PY Sales = CALCULATE(SUM('Data Base'[Sales in '000 EUR(Net GmbH)]), FILTER(ALL('Data Base'[Source]), 'Data Base'[Source] = 2021), FILTER(ALL('Data Base'[Scenario]), 'Data Base'[Scenario] = "Actual"))

If you have any idea how to do this would be great.
I have watched the first several videos, I am not sure if I should create a date or calendar table given that this is built into the excel sheet (in fench; year/quarter/month/day hierarchy) 

debutant_0-1665359933854.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@debutant , Having them in one sheet is not a problem. Not if there is a column type (Actual/budget)  and Value. then you need measures

Actual= calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Type] ="Actual"))

Budget= calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Type] ="Budget"))

Create a date table and other dimensions as per need

refer first 5-6 video of the series , I have discussed breaking of a large table

Power BI Tutorial Series for Beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsAzTqSDVg&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.