Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

matrix Visual-Totals in left

Hi All,

I have one requirement to create a matrix which shows the total in left.Plaese refer attached mock report sheet.I have tried all possible ways but no hope.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,

NitinTotals in left.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can the workaround I provided meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hvae tried ur solution.But it works fine wenver we have one mesaure ,In my case I have 3 measures.In matrix its showing 3 layers

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't mind, share me a dummy PBIX file, removing sensitive information, and I will conduct specific tests to see if it can be achieved.

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please upload your file to OneDrive for Business and paste the link here.

Best Regadrs,

Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Power BI doesn't support to set "Total" to left currently.

Here is a similar idea which you could vote it up: Move Sub-Total and Total columns to left side.

One workaround, you can create your Measures like so:

1. Fact Table: 

table.PNG

2. Enter a table:

measuretable.jpg

3. Create Measures.

Current Year = SUM('Table'[Value])
Last Year =
VAR ThisYear =
    MAX ( 'Table'[Year] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), 'Table'[Year] = ThisYear - 1 )
Measure = 
VAR ThisYear =
    IF (
        MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) <> "All Years",
        VALUE ( MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) )
    )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) = "All Years"
            && MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[MeasureName] ) = "Current Year", [Current Year],
        MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) = "All Years"
            && MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[MeasureName] ) = "Last Year", [Last Year],
        VALUE ( MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) ) IN VALUES ( 'Table'[Year] )
            && MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[MeasureName] ) = "Current Year", CALCULATE ( [Current Year], 'Table'[Year] = ThisYear ),
        VALUE ( MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[Year] ) ) IN VALUES ( 'Table'[Year] )
            && MAX ( 'Year & Measure'[MeasureName] ) = "Last Year", CALCULATE ( [Last Year], 'Table'[Year] = ThisYear )
    )

4. Create a Matrix visual.

left.PNG

For more details, please check the attached PBIX file.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you should able to achieve by following:

- add first column on rows

- add divison column on columns

- assuming you have two measures, one for the current year and one for prev year, add these two measures on value

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have first column.The totals renamed as Company total.Instaed of getting totals in right end I need it in left

@Anonymous not sure what you mean by you don't have first columns, what BU Level1 , Level 2 , Level 3. where these values are coming from?

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have did same way as you mentioned but totals are not coming in begining its coming in right end of visual

@Anonymous hmmm, I see you want to total as the first set,  not sure if there is out of the box way to do that. Column totals are always at the last. I believe you should add idea on ideas forum to allow to change the column's total at the front or at the end.

I would ❤ Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.