Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lori
Helper II
Helper II

mashup evaluation container

I have 16MB of memory, which is constantly being eaten away by PBI Desktop, Azure, Data Managment Gateway, SQL Server Analysis Services and these Mashup Evaluation Containers.  I restarted my machine to start fresh and watch what these are doing.  Since starting and bringing up PBI desktop and one report set, refreshing, a tiny bit of editing and publishing up to the Service I now have 20 of the Mashup Containers!  These are smaller than the 5 or 6 I had before I restarted but... 20?  Ultimately the more space.  When I exit from PBI I'm back to 6 Containers that seem to stay there all the time and grow.

Is there some way I am using the data or the software that is causing it to eat memory?  Is there something I can change, aside from adding memory?  I'm not sure my boss is up for that!  🙂

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Lori,

What is your data source of the Power BI report and do you have complex&multiple calculations in the PBIX file?

Multiple calculations(complex measures and calculated columns) in large dataset will eat up much CPU and memory, you can unselect backgroud data option and parallel loading option in Power BI Desktop. also optimize your data mode, for more details, please check my reply in the similar thread below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Microsoft-Mashup-Evaluation-Container-is-killing-my-box-Pow...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry - I do remember seeing that thread when I was hunting for an answer.  Unfortunately, I've tried all of those things.  And from what I've read in other threads, this is not an isolated problem or due to to hardware problems.  PBI is awesome software, but it can't use unlimited amounts of time and resources and still be effective.  The addition of new charts is exciting, but the nuts and bolts still have to work.

@Lori

What is the size of your PBIX file and what is the data source of your report? Have you tried to optimize your data model?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The PBIX file is 71,010 KB.  The primary data source is an ODBC database on our company server - this is already optimized and I read in the tables I need.  The other sources are in Excel files on my computer.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.