Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

mashup data source error in gateway (only) refresh

I have been struggling for weeks trying to resolve an error I am receiving when refreshing my dataset via a gateway (on-prem or personal).  Everything works fine from Power BI Desktop, but when published to the service and updated via demand or scheduled refresh, I get the following error:

Last refresh failed: Fri Oct 20 2017 08:14:26 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Hide details

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Story Burndown.
Underlying error message:[Unable to combine data] Section1/Story Burndown/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"Web","path":"https://jira.jci.com:8443/rest/api/2/search"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:PrivacyError
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:52ac6557-e350-2b3f-8a7f-75b95b00c701
Request ID:786227e5-202b-7dd2-1247-5d29cc44ba81
Time:2017-10-20 13:14:26Z

The short description is that I have a table that is built from multiple function calls - one that retrieves a date from a table in the model, and another recursive series which executes a Web.Contents call to a REST api for Jira.  In the illustration below, the Story Burndown table attempts to retrieve a StartDate via the #activeSprintStartDate function prior to passing that date to the #"Status burndown chart" function.  This scenario results in the aforementioned error.  If I hard-code the date (see purple text below), the gateway refresh works fine.  

I am seeking advice on how I can separate the calls any further to prevent the error from occuring.

Image.jpg

Thank you in advance,

Ross

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much to my dismay, the promised gateway changes that were expected to address this failed to do so and my specific issue was ultimately deemed by Microsoft as unsupported by the gateway.  My workaround was to completely redesign my approach to identifying the reporting period in a less than ideal hack.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
paulohjordan

Isso vai ocorrer sempre que tiver uma nova atualização do gateway. Token expirado.

Token é mesmo que autenticação - credenciais nestá situação.

Atualize seu gateway e em seguida você precisará reautenticar as credenciais na conexão do gateway (nos gateways do gerenciador no serviço do Power BI) .

stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem as this, did you manage to find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Much to my dismay, the promised gateway changes that were expected to address this failed to do so and my specific issue was ultimately deemed by Microsoft as unsupported by the gateway.  My workaround was to completely redesign my approach to identifying the reporting period in a less than ideal hack.

This is still an issue.  We're receiving the same error today.

Gateway and Power BI desktop are both updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I had a call with Microsoft, they asked me to put privacy level to PRIVATE in the desktop, re-publish, then set privacy = PRIVATE in the PBI online service too (in the gateway settings we're using).

It solved the issue.

Cheers,

F.

Thanks for your response. I changed the privacy level on the desktop and cloud and it worked. (from organizational to private)

fhendrick's solution worked for me. Error I had was: "Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason"
(edited for clarity)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have tried this with Organisational as my privacy but it does not work. should i go and try with Private ? Also, below is my error message in service to refresh the datasource.

Underlying error message:[Unable to combine data] Section1/Actual_Ordered Speed/AutoRemovedColumns1 is accessing data sources that have privacy levels which cannot be used together. Please rebuild this data combination.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"SQL","path":"Test;Test"},{"kind":"Web","path":"pathofmyurl"}]

Hope to get some helpful answer on this !!!.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a mashup error on some of my refresh in powerbi service with my gateway (i have a cluster of 3 servers).

The 3 nods on my cluster were update last week with the last version of the gateway.

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class","detail":{"type":1,"value":"11"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"chg-dataws;datastore"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: rls UserPermissionsMapping.
  • Cluster
  • Activity 
  • Request 
  • Time2020-03-27 15:51:51Z

Anyony can help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I had the same problem.

I got message: UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}}
And it was connected to how I combine the data. In power query I couldnt merge data form table (data from computer disc C) and form different table (form jira or from sharepoint) even privacy level was the same.
I just didnt merge this data in power query, I did it in DAX by "related", and then refresh is working ok.

A new version was released today. Maybe that will fix it as it seems it was out of sync with he desktop version prior to the update. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-october-update-is-now-available/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have updated to the latest versions of all components with no change in results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.