Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

netanel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

map visualization

Hi friends, I need some urgent help soon I am presenting the project, so I would love for help.
1. My problem is that when I define the region and countries in Data modoling to Country / Region the map does not identify the region and leaves me only the State of Israel.
I want to show you the regions and within each of the top five highest sales regions is possible?
2. My DATA works by quarters from the beginning of 2018 and when I do not apply filter on the map it does not give correct numbers The problem is that I do not want to display a filter on a certain quarter because then I will not be able to show the remaining quarters on the map. 

Again, I would love for help and thanks!

עזרה 18.PNGעזרה 19.PNGעזרה 20.PNGעזרה 21.PNGעזרה 22.PNG

Did I answer your question?
Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin
linkedin.com/in/netanel-shriki
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@netanel ,

Israel belongs to asia, you need to add change Israel with Asia in the region column. Then drag [Region] to "Location", [Country] to "Legend" and [Amount] to "Size" as below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@netanel ,

The "mid East" will not be recognized as pictures below. Power bi map visual recognize 7 continents and country/region. Please check if the region in position of Israel is valid.

Capture.PNG 

1.PNG 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,
I have no Middle East in the areas.
If Israel is in the regions it only shows it and if I filter it out it shows nothing.

Thanks!

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

@netanel ,

Israel belongs to asia, you need to add change Israel with Asia in the region column. Then drag [Region] to "Location", [Country] to "Legend" and [Amount] to "Size" as below:

Capture.PNG 

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

would you please show us your country and region data?

What does the measure or column with the values you want to aggregate look like?

Can it be that if you filter on a country that your measure or these values column has no data?

Would it be possible for you to create a sample file or provide us with sample datasets.

As long as we don't know your table relationships/data/measures we will have a hard time helping you.

BR,
Josef

hey Josef!
First of all, thank you for responding.
My Data countries and regions look like that: ( there is also Oceania inside Region).
1. I want to show the regions by their amount. (Is it possible to display the selected products as a pie chart within the circle of an area? I've seen it in some places ...)
2. There are sums and figures in all regions and most countries.
Thanks!

עזרה 23.PNG

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.