Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smarti11

map problem

When I add country to the MAP or Filled MAP visualization along with the Sales summation from the example financial spreadsheet, nothing appears.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@smarti11 You are connected to the internet when you do this right?

(Sorry to ask but I was trying to help someone with maps and it turned out he was trying when offline see this post...)

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filled-Map/td-p/24046/highlight/true/page/2

Okay so assuming you are connected...

check the Data Type and also assign Data Category: Country so the little globe icon shows up next to GeoCode as in the picture

Map Countries - Geocode.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@smarti11 ugh.. maps with Bing. Check out this tips and tricks page. You have to format your locations and places in specific ways in order for the maps to work appropriately. If you still have issues after checking that link, post back with an example or screenshots so we can see the issue and try out a sample of the data that you are using to help troubleshoot.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I'm trying to use the sample financial data provided with the tool.  The table displays fine.  However, when I select the filled map visualization it just shows blank.  I am new to this tool so I wonder if there is some kind of setting where my company might be blocking the tool from using Bing?  I don't know - any help or guidance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

table.JPGmap.JPG

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@smarti11 You are connected to the internet when you do this right?

(Sorry to ask but I was trying to help someone with maps and it turned out he was trying when offline see this post...)

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filled-Map/td-p/24046/highlight/true/page/2

Okay so assuming you are connected...

check the Data Type and also assign Data Category: Country so the little globe icon shows up next to GeoCode as in the picture

Map Countries - Geocode.png

Ok, I just went back into the tool this morning and the maps are now displaying.  I did update the tool to the latest version on Tuesday so that could have resolved the issue.  Thanks for the support and advice.

Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.