Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

making visible a column from an external table in a formula

Hello

My table "CALENDRIER FINANCIER" is made of CROSSJOIN of two columns of two other tables "DATES" and "AFFECTATION  COLLABORATEURS"

What do y have to do to make visible in a formula of "CALENDRIER FINANCIER" some other columns of "AFFECTATION COLLABORATEURS".

Underneath for example I can't see "DATE DUBUT" or "DATE FIN" of "AFFECTATION COLLABORATEUR" (in Red). I only can see calculated columns of AFFECTATION COLLABORATEUR (in green)

Thank you for your Help.

ScreenPowerBI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PatrickByGecko ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to know why the items in red are not visable when you use the IF() function.

Actually, the first paramrter of IF() function requires a scalar rather than a column, the items in green are all measures, measure can been seen as a scalar in this scenario, as a result, they are visable here, for the items in red, they are not measure, they are a column, we need to use some aggregate functions like SUM(), MIN() to chang them to scalar.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PatrickByGecko ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to know why the items in red are not visable when you use the IF() function.

Actually, the first paramrter of IF() function requires a scalar rather than a column, the items in green are all measures, measure can been seen as a scalar in this scenario, as a result, they are visable here, for the items in red, they are not measure, they are a column, we need to use some aggregate functions like SUM(), MIN() to chang them to scalar.

Best Regards,

Teige

Thank you very much Teige, it is much more clear to me now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.