Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CD1
Frequent Visitor

lookupvalue on different table based on two filters

Hi,

I am trying to do a lookupvalue in a measure based on two filters in a different table. This lookupvalue is part of a much larger function with multiple ifs.

Here is a simplified breakdown of my tables:

Master tables (from database)

1) Receivables 

Ex: main columns: Month, Customer, Receivables

MONTH

CUSTOMER

RECEIVABLES

July 2017

A

$100,000

July 2017

C

$150,000

August 2017

B

$200,000

August 2017B$50,000
August 2017C$10,000

2) Invoices

Ex: main columns: Month, Customer, Invoices

MONTH

CUSTOMER

INVOICES

July 2017

A

$15,000

July 2017

A

$10,000

July 2017C$5,000
August 2017B$10,000
August 2017B$5,000

Created tables

3) Calendar

- Columns: Date (budget year July - June by days), Month No., Rank (month no. based on budget year)

- This table is linked to both my 'Receivables' and 'Invoices' tables by "Month" to "Date" of 'Calendar'

4) YTD Summary

- Columns: Customer, YTD Receivables, YTD Invoices

CUSTOMER

YTD RECEIVABLES

YTD INVOICES
A

$100,000

$25,000

B

$250,000

$15,000
C$10,000$5,000
D--
E--

What I am trying to achieve:

I want a measure of the # invoiced days overdue --> the simplified calculation for this is:

= (Total Receivables month 1/Total Sales month 1)*30 (# days)

There are many ifs in this formula that require a 'lookupvalue' for the sum of sales from previous month(s) (month-1 or I used rank -1). Not only do I want to grab the sum of sales from a previous month but for a specific client.

///

I am able to achieve this lookupvalue measure based on the month alone:

Overdue table

I have another table for # invoiced days overdue:

- Columns: YTD Receivables, YTD Sales, Rank (month no. for budget year), invoiced days overdue, Month

YTD ReceivablesYTD SalesRank# Invoiced Days OverdueMonth
$250,000$30,0001180July 2017
$260,000$15,0002180Aug 2017

# Invoiced Days Overdue =

IF('Overdue table'[YTD Receivables] = 0,0,

IF('Overdue table'[YTD Sales] > 'Overdue table'[YTD Receivables], divide ('Overdue table'[YTD Receivables],'Overdue table'[YTD Sales])*30,

IF((LOOKUPVALUE('Overdue table'[YTD Sales], 'Overdue table'[Rank],'Overdue table'[Rank]-1)>('Overdue table'[YTD Receivables]-'Overdue table'[YTD Sales])), 30 + (('Overdue table'[YTD Receivables]-'Overdue table'[YTD Sales]/(LOOKUPVALUE('Overdue table'[YTD Sales], 'Overdue table'[Rank],'Overdue table'[Rank]-1))*30,...,180 this continues for 5 months back and '180' is at the end.

In the simplified tables the #Invoiced days overdue is equal to 180; however, in my actual data there is more variation in the values. The bolded section of the formula is what I would like to create for my summary table but again, to filter by Customer and Month. 

I.e. if we are in August 2017 (Rank 2) client B, I would like my lookupvalue to sum the sales from Rank 1 for client B only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CD1,

Check if you may use PREVIOUSMONTH Function.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CD1,

Check if you may use PREVIOUSMONTH Function.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.