Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cypresstj
Regular Visitor

lookupvalue based on page level filters

Hi,

For the <search value> parameter in the lookupvalue function, I wonder if it's possible to link it to a page level filter, so the value will change dynamicially based on results of the filter? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cypresstj 

I believe it is possible.

Create a measure with the filter values you would like to use. then use it in the LOOKUPVALUE() function.

Provide some sample data, maybe we can figure out how to do it based on it.

Thanks!
A

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cypresstj 

I believe it is possible.

Create a measure with the filter values you would like to use. then use it in the LOOKUPVALUE() function.

Provide some sample data, maybe we can figure out how to do it based on it.

Thanks!
A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi A

How do i create a measure for the filtered values?

I have a dashboard that uses a page level filter (CategoryName from a SQL table) to filter across multiple tables.

I have an Overall Score table that looks up values from other tables and I want this to be dynamic, so when i change the category, the contents of the Overall Score table changes

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is better if you share some sample data or you PBIX.

Thanks

A

Anonymous
Not applicable

The page level filter is chosen from the Category table below.

CategoryID CategoryName
1          Soccer
2          Basketball
3          Netball

I have an ContentAnalysis table that calculates the average of rows from a SQL table and this average is displayed as a Donut Chart

I have an Match table that reads a figure from anoter SQL table and is displayed as a Donut Chart

I have an Overall Score Table but currently am manually entering in the figures via SQL. I want the table to be able to read these figues automatically and be able to change the figures based on what category is selected as the page filter.

CategoryName 	AssuranceMetric   OverallScore
Soccer ContentAnalysis 0.79
Soccer Matching 0.55

So far I've tried this code but am getting an error:

ScoreDynamic = 
IF(PowerBI_Overall_Score[Assurance Metric] = "ContentAnalysis", AVERAGE(ContentAnalysisResults[PassFail]), 
IF(PowerBI_Overall_Score[Assurance Metric] = "Matching", LOOKUPVALUE(PowerBI_Matching[Percentage Matched],PowerBI_Matching[Category], PowerBI_Overall_Score[Category],
   )))

So my two questions are:

How do i get the CategoryName in the Overall Score Table to change based on the page filter?

How do i get the Overall Score Table to change the scores based on the page filter?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry, but I lost you.

Better share some data. Alos, the initial status and expected results.

Thanks
A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.