Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yorrick

lock filter (visual level filters)

Hey there,

I have put in a visual filter on one of my line and cluster charts. Namely, when i view the months, the records left blank will be filtered out and not shown. However, when i drill down all levels and undrill back up i find that radio button which was unchecked at first (the (blank) radio button) will be checked again, showing my blank months in my array of normal months.

Is there a way that i can lock the visual filters?

THanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
lea131
Regular Visitor

Hi There, just wondering if a solution is out there.  I would like to filter the last 12 months but as I drill up it unchecks the filtered and shows all.  I've also tried to use the advanced filter "is on or after xxxx" but the advanced filter gets reset/cleared as well when I drill back up.

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

One thing you could do is fill in the BLANKS with a data value.  For example, you can use the ISBLANK function to test if the field value is blank and if it is, add the word "BLANK" to the field.  This will do two things for you.  It will allow you to visually see the impact of the BLANK values, and also give you something concrete to use in your slicer. 

We run into this issue often, and this is how we address it.

Good luck,

Nate

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Yorrick i am guessing you've used basic filtering. can you try usjng advanced filtering and exclude blanks by choosing is not blank for the field ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.