Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pauliuseg
Helper I
Helper I

links break after changing data source

hi,

wery simple problem, but facing first time.

in the data model i'm changing data source of one table (from one SQL table to another), using advanced Query editor, so field names stay the same, all good, but .. links in data model dissaper to that table.

is that and should be so ? 

i have made links again, having original file open, but it's more about it that should be so, or i missed some step 🙂

thanks ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@pauliuseg When you change the data source and keeping off the  "Auto detect relationship" option so yes, you have to make the link between those new data source's table.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@pauliuseg When you change the data source and keeping off the  "Auto detect relationship" option so yes, you have to make the link between those new data source's table.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

yeh, thanks for confirmation. seems , some area for imporvement for power BI 🙂

KNP
Super User
Super User

Hi @pauliuseg

Hard to know the exact cause without seeing the code but maybe this setting will help.

KNP_0-1621886846444.png

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

thanks,  but  shoud not be this one, as i have unchecked autodetect (as i dont like when it's automatically get's relations). so on refrehs it should work the same logic. 

seems that after correcting data source (yes, in between some steps like distinct were added), but at the day end, i i land the same table name and the same column name, it should not break the links 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.