Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Thomas897
Helper I
Helper I

link similar columns

Hello everyone,

I would like to join 3 similar columns on 2 different tables (in my case: country, month and company). Unfortunately, Power BI tells me that it is not possible because those columns do not have unique values. I tried to append these columns and erase duplicates, it works for one column but for the others I cannot join them to both tables because it could create a confusion for Power BI.

I am stuck for 2 days on this matter, I have watched 10 videos at least, but it does not work.

Thank you for answering me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @Thomas897

concatenate all the 3 coloums & Create the Unique Id so that it will be easy to creat the joins

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @Thomas897

concatenate all the 3 coloums & Create the Unique Id so that it will be easy to creat the joins

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello Thomas,

I would create a table in excel, with unique values (such as the company, or country), then add it to the dataset, and establish relations between both tables and the new one, and enable filtering in both ways.

If that doesnt work for you, I'd appreciate a sample dataset, and what you would like to achieve 🙂

Regards,

Salvador.

I am sorry, I am not fluent in English and it is too hard for me to explain my problem but I would like to know if a DAX formula could do the job.

Thanks

Hi,

You could also create unique identificators. It would depend on what you would want to achieve.

For example, you could use Concatenate() with country, month and company, to create a unique identificator, and be able to establish relationships between both tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.