Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

line graph to show multiple plots when using slicer

Hi Experts

I have cannot see the wood for the trees, here not sure if this can be done, see pbix file. 
1. I have created a total measure which gives me the overall total value for the status points (correct) 
2. i have a measure called selcetedvlaues which should allow me to plot the selected status against the total value which works fine for a single data point. 
3. i have two measure status A and B which give me the correct plots for the single selected data point against grand total line, but i do not want to create 50 measures for all my products. 
can this not be done dynamically based on selelcted from slicer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86i4f108hb4v5w3/line_and_bar.pbix?dl=0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

I understand now. There is no easy way to accomplish this with a line chart. It will require a lot of work with DAX expressions. However, you can easily display the data in a line and cluster column chart. I have attached a screenshot of how I created a line and cluster column chart with your example report.

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous ,

If I understand your requirements properly, you shouldn't have to create a new measure for each product. Instead use the field 'amount' as the value field for the line chart and keep the status slicer. 

I hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Expert

Placing the field Amount into the Value... Does not give me a line for total and for each individual product... i need to show three / four or evern lines on the graph at any given time..the total also has to have its own line...

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

I understand now. There is no easy way to accomplish this with a line chart. It will require a lot of work with DAX expressions. However, you can easily display the data in a line and cluster column chart. I have attached a screenshot of how I created a line and cluster column chart with your example report.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Expert

I can do the solution you have, whats the leg work using DAX to get the desired results.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The DAX work would depend on where the data stored and if the data is static (i.e., not changing over time) or dynamic (i.e., would be updated weekly/monthly/etc.).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.