Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rellik

licences

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around what licences I need.

I would like to create a Dashboard and make it available to a number of End users. The end users only need to have access to the data, ie they will not be editing the dashboard.

does this mean that each user has to sign up for Pro and pay a monthly subscription, even though they may only view the dashboard once a week.

Is it possible for an IOS App to connect to the dashboard - and if so , would every App user need a different Licence.

Is it possible for mutiple logins with the same username ?

any pointer greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Rellik,

Actually, if we want to share the contents to others in Power BI Service, both of the sender and the receiver should have the Pro license.

Is it possible for an IOS App to connect to the dashboard - and if so , would every App user need a different Licence.

I'm not clear about your scenario. What do you mean about  ''an IOS App to connect to the dashboard''? 

Is it possible for mutiple logins with the same username ?

As I know, we could not login the same account for mutiple users.

For more details about Power BI license, you could have a reference of the articles below to understand it better.

Power BI Licensing Walk-through Guide

Power BI Free vs Pro vs Premium

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.