Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

latest date by id outputting country name measure help

I am looking to see if there is a simple way to take the latest date per ID and output what country that was visited by that ID base don the latest date. Below have put some sample data to better explain;

IDCountryDate

Spain

01/01/2021
2Italy01/01/2021
3France01/01/2021
1Ireland02/01/2021
2Denmark02/01/2021
3Sweden02/01/2021

I then want to create a simple chart to say based on the axis being country how many ids sit in each country that are the latest visits to that country. This will need to be a measure as i need it to filter based on what date is selected. Originally i tried doing this by simply;

Measure =
VAR LatestDate =
MAXX(
KEEPFILTERS(VALUES('ID'[ID])),
CALCULATE(MAX('Date'[Date]))
)
RETURN
IF ( MIN ( 'Date'[Date] ) = LatestDate, 1, 0 )

but the issue i found with the above is it will only output a 1 or 0 where i would want to output the country name. Any help would trully be amazing.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak please see link to your report which have added a large data sample to, as it seems it wont work in a bar chart when i do it on my set. Just gives me loads of duplicates could be to do with the additional id i have in the data?

https://we.tl/t-21kELQl9brhttps://wetransfer.com/downloads/cb0808d14fffbabf87293b7145ac8541202102081...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

Measure =
VAR LatestDate = MAXX(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
RETURN
IF ( MIN ( 'Date'[Date] ) = LatestDate, 1, 0 )

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @amitchandak   but as mentioned above i don't want to output a 1 or 0 i want to output the country name and it needs to be the latest date per ID not latest date  for the country etc 

@Anonymous , Try like

Measure =
VAR LatestDate = MAXX(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
RETURN
calculate(min(Table[country]) filter('Date', 'Date'[Date] = LatestDate))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak i don't think that would work as my end output should look like this;

Superdeathmonke_0-1612787486465.png

@Anonymous , Please share the output, if it does not match with file attached after signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak so what i am expecting is to display it like the following;

Superdeathmonke_0-1612787940773.png

So based on what date you select it will sum up all the countries that have a max visit date for that id

@Anonymous , Try measure like

Measure 2 = VAR __id = MAX ('Table'[ID] )
VAR __date = CALCULATE ( MAX('Table'[Date] ), ALLSELECTED ('Table' ), 'Table'[ID] = __id ) 
RETURN CALCULATE ( Count ('Table'[Country] ), VALUES ('Table'[ID] ),'Table'[ID] = __id,'Table'[Date] = __date )
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak seems when i add this into a chart showing country as axis and your measure as the value it doesnt give me the right part. Base don my full dataset it just shows me 2 results and there is around 100k different ids. In this are you filter to the max id?

@Anonymous , Check my file I was getting three countries in sample data.

File after signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak please see link to your report which have added a large data sample to, as it seems it wont work in a bar chart when i do it on my set. Just gives me loads of duplicates could be to do with the additional id i have in the data?

https://we.tl/t-21kELQl9brhttps://wetransfer.com/downloads/cb0808d14fffbabf87293b7145ac8541202102081...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.