cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blomme Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

kusto refresh error - "Downloaded nnnnn rows. 1 Error" (However Refresh Preview works_

I am writting a new PowerBI report. I have two PowerBI queries (using Kusto) which both fai with the same errorl. The error is is:

"DownLoaded xxx Rows. 1 Error". Any idea what might be causing this?

Background:

• Both Queries work in the Query Editor with Refresh Preview mode
  • The Kusto portion of queries work in Kusto.Explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blomme Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: kusto refresh error - "Downloaded nnnnn rows. 1 Error" (However Refresh Preview works

Found the problem. The Kusto Query was actually failing (soft failure). The query was being throttled. Unfortunately for me I didn't  notice the Throttle Error message bubble, which disappears after a few seconds. Given this information the above error makes full sense, nnnnn number of rows were downloaded then error (throttle error).

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: kusto refresh error - "Downloaded nnnnn rows. 1 Error" (However Refresh Preview works

@blomme,

Do you add additional steps in Query Editor? Would you please post Power BI trace log here? You can go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics of Power BI desktop and click "enable tracing", then load data in Power BI Desktop and check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
blomme Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Found the problem. The Kusto Query was actually failing (soft failure). The query was being throttled. Unfortunately for me I didn't  notice the Throttle Error message bubble, which disappears after a few seconds. Given this information the above error makes full sense, nnnnn number of rows were downloaded then error (throttle error).