Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

blomme

kusto refresh error - "Downloaded nnnnn rows. 1 Error" (However Refresh Preview works_

I am writting a new PowerBI report. I have two PowerBI queries (using Kusto) which both fai with the same errorl. The error is is:

"DownLoaded xxx Rows. 1 Error". Any idea what might be causing this?

Background:

• Both Queries work in the Query Editor with Refresh Preview mode
  • The Kusto portion of queries work in Kusto.Explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found the problem. The Kusto Query was actually failing (soft failure). The query was being throttled. Unfortunately for me I didn't  notice the Throttle Error message bubble, which disappears after a few seconds. Given this information the above error makes full sense, nnnnn number of rows were downloaded then error (throttle error).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@blomme,

Do you add additional steps in Query Editor? Would you please post Power BI trace log here? You can go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics of Power BI desktop and click "enable tracing", then load data in Power BI Desktop and check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Found the problem. The Kusto Query was actually failing (soft failure). The query was being throttled. Unfortunately for me I didn't  notice the Throttle Error message bubble, which disappears after a few seconds. Given this information the above error makes full sense, nnnnn number of rows were downloaded then error (throttle error).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.