Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bruno_Ferres
Frequent Visitor

keep color chart despite categories

Hello all!

I'm working in a top 10 vendors chart and have an issue:
Its a pie chart with top 10 Vendors in a certain period.

Power BI assign a color from the pallete for each Vendor when setting the chart, but if the period filter is changed others vendors are in the top 10 and other colors are assigned to them, and normally a bad color to see above the chart background color.

So, i need to assign the same color pallete despite wich vendor is shown.

Anyone knows how to solve that?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Bruno_Ferres 

you should beable to select a spesific color to data through the format tab Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous!

The problem is Power BI assign specific colors to specific categories, and through the time or because filtering, they change.

So not good colors are shown for the new categories. My report have a dark backgound and dark colors should not be assigned.

In my case, there is too much vendors to assign specific colors to each one, and I can't know what new ones will appear in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bruno_Ferres 

I see what you mean. but i do not believe there is a way to customize with color that stricktly yet, 

I would if anything put it up as a suggestion for future implementation if you still cant find a way to code it out. 

Best Regards,

Collin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.