Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

le_tool
Helper I
Helper I

json custom theme - multiple series customization

Hello,

I've been tinkering with .json file to create my own custom theme, however I am stuck on multiple choice setting. Example:

Area chart -> Format -> Data labels - > here I can customize the general setting for data labels, but what I would like to set, is the "CUSTOMIZE SERIES" for each of the series. That is, I would like to have black text label color for the first serie, yellow for the second etc.

Image:

55555.png

.json code for these data labels:

"labels": [{
					"show": true,
					"color": {
						"solid": {
							"color": "#333333"
						}
					},
					"labelPosition": "Under",
					"fontSize": 14,
					"fontFamily": "Arial",
					"labelDensity": 30,
					"showAll": true,
           			        "enableBackground": true,
					"backgroundTransparency": 70	

What it is currently doing is, that it takes the color for ALL LABELS (#333333) and applies it for each of the series. What I want to achieve is, I want to have color 1 for serie 1, color 2 for serie 2 etc.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
le_tool
Helper I
Helper I

maybe a solution - 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-report-themes#setting-structural-co...

"firstLevelElements": "#252423"

I need exactly this, but I cannot put multiple colors there, .json gets corrupted when i try to reformat it like this:

"firstLevelElements": ["#252423", "#232233", "#535353"]

Seems like there can be only one color for first level elements. Any ideas? 🙂

Hi @le_tool ,

After my tests and research, I cannot find these json properties to configure.

And I don't think "firstLevelElements" is the correct property. You could create a support ticket here to ask for these json properties.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello @v-eachen-msft ,

how do I open a ticket there? It seems that only PRO users can create those.

Thank you

Hi @le_tool ,

If you don't have a Pro license, you could post feedback in the bottom of the following document. But the efficiency may not be as high as support ticket.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-report-themes

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thank you @v-eachen-msft 

Have a nice day 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.