Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

joining tables and creating report using Matrix visualization

I have two tables as below

table1

PK1  PK2  name   states    age    
abAMarizona5
abAMcali5
abAMny5
abAMnj5
abAMwy5

table2

PK1  salary  
a201

I need to join those two tables on PK1 and create output as below

photo1.jpg

Currently i have started using matrix visualization and was able to get the below table. I couldnt get the 'states' column in the second last position as then it populates the column 'age' on all rows.

photo2.jpg

Is there any way i could achieve the result that I want and then join to table2 above to get the salary column?? Do i need to change the structure of my table1? it is manually created. While the second table is a calculation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is the forum of power bi, so I realized it in power bi. Please refer to pbix file:https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/Eb0R0V6MLqRCpjQCRrKqLuYBvgsGsPTE7uE5zc0ocYSCog?e=Mz3pNc

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can join on PK1 one column. But you can not get the format in the first image. Check if there is some custom visual

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think that the below view is possible? I am not sure how to perform the join as in the first table PK1 occurs multiple times but in the second table PK1 would be there only for 1 time. I dont want to repeat the salary multiple times.

photo3.jpg

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the screenshot below you want?

Capture.PNG

Just close the stepped layout and icon of row header and put states in the last filed of row:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share your workbook...thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is the forum of power bi, so I realized it in power bi. Please refer to pbix file:https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/Eb0R0V6MLqRCpjQCRrKqLuYBvgsGsPTE7uE5zc0ocYSCog?e=Mz3pNc

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

also, any idea what keywords I should search for to find a custom visualization?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.