Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

join two tables into one

Hi everyone.

I have one question and I hope you can help me.

I have two matric tables.
First of them show information for Current fiscal year and second shows information for prior fiscal year.

img 1.PNGI want to create third matric table wiche one will show current and prior year information together and also I want to create measure to show current and prior years variance%

Final result should be this.
How I can implement this?

pic2.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahreem24 , thanks for your helping, I just change my sql, and it's worked 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

After merging Current Year and Previous Year table I got the same expected result as per your screen shot given.

if I answered your doubt so Please mark my answer as a solution 🙂 .

Sol3.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can join your current year and prior year table with the help of "Merge Queries" option in Query Editor based on you common column (for example: product name) and then create the variance column like normal calculated column.

I tried to replicate your question to some extent and see the expected result. See below steps in screen shot.Sol.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24

My two tables are in same query. Can you show implementation dax process?

Please eleborate more so that I can help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My date table is from another query and my product group, Current year and prior year are from another query. How can I merge them,
It will be helpful if you show me steps via screenshots
Thanks

Sure,  but if you give me structure of table and sources of those table so I will probably help you.

Actually as per your question I have replicated the scenario in my system and put current and prior year table in two different table then marged them into single table and found the variance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahreem24 , thanks for your helping, I just change my sql, and it's worked 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Great! 

If my answer helps your question, so please mark it as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.