Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gofgabriel
Frequent Visitor

join tables with common columns

Hello,

I'm having difficulty to building a join/union of three tables that have similar columns, but with different i number of colum and alias on it. In my case I just wanna use the id_number, user, and description and put it in a block of table.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how I can get a solution?

I tried DAX using UNION + SUMMARIZECOLUMNS or UNION + SUMMARIZE but didnt work out

For example, this is one of the tables I need to join with three fields in common.

Capturar2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gofgabriel ,

You could try to use the function of GENERATEALL. The following is my sample you can reference.

Table =
GENERATEALL (
GENERATEALL (
SUMMARIZE ( ProjectTickets1, ProjectTickets1[Ticket] ),
SUMMARIZE ( EmployeeRole2, EmployeeRole2[Employee] )
),
SUMMARIZE ( ProjectHours, ProjectHours[Hours] )
)

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft, thanks for your reply! 

So, I tried your solution, but it didn't work as expected. It joins the data, but in different columns.

What I'm trying to do is to join two tables, as if I'm appending one to each other, but making the same information stay in the same column. Also, the relationship with source tables should be maintained because of the report filters.

It's hard to explain, but it's basically:
- column A containing p.number (Problems table) and it.number (ITS table) data
- column B containing p.short_description (Problems table) and it.short_description (ITS table).

Example:

Capturar2.PNG

In the end all those information will be put in a table block to be show together and also able to filtered.

Sem título.png

No tips for this problem guys? 😞

You can append these tables in power query. Just make sure the column names of the different tables are the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.