Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Noboru

japanese langage

When I edit row column definition or measure by using Kana-kanji conversion mode ON, the chacters from keyboad is not displayed to the input area.

Please tell me how can I solve the problem.

PowerBI Desktop version  is 2.58.5103.501 64-bit and Windows10.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Noboru,

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? Do you add comments in Japanese when creating new columns or measures in Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

I tried to upload screen shot many times. But I didn't suceed. 

So I describe the detail without screen shot.

My senario is as follows.

1) Invoke new measure command.

2) In the measure editing area. I wanted to  use kanji characters as measure name.

So entered to Kana Kanji conversion mode and press some key.

3)  Usualy when I press some key, the character will displayed at the caret. But using recent version of  PowerBI desktop, character is not displayed untill some candidate from Kana Kanji conversion system is selected.

The problem is I can not see any characters input from keyboad. This problem is so serious, that every body who want to use Japanese characters in measure or column fomula.

This problem appears in recent version, so I still use 2017,October version of PowerBI desktop.

Regards,

Nboru

@Noboru,

What is your OS version?  I use Power BI Desktop May release in Windows 10, add Janpanse language in Control Panel->Language, and  then add measure in Power BI Desktop and change input method to Janpanese, everything works well.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

I suceeded upload the screen shot.

In this case the curret is located left of "=" and I inputted "テスト" from keyboard, if it works fine

"テスト" should be displayed before "=" at a time of each character is inputted.

But in this case nothing is displayed and only candidate list is displayed, so I can not

see characters I input untill candidate list is displayed.

I also use Power BI Desktop May release in Windows 10.

Regards,

Noboru

PowerBI_screenshot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.