Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

htpbi
Helper I
Helper I

items with no value still showing up

I am looking at sales data, each line item in data table is a product with a category. When I look at 2020 vs 2019 it still pulls in old categories that have not been sold since 2018 so I have all these rows in my table with no values. I don't have show items with no data checked. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @htpbi 

From the screenshot, it likes you enable show items with no data for categroy field in matrix, could you please share your sample pbix file for us to have a test, there should be something wrong in other.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

I posted a sample file. I dont have show items with no data checked. 

hi @htpbi 

The sample file is a live connection to power bi dataset, so we could not open it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@htpbi , Hop you do not have overall measure, even this is filtered

refer

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
//Only year vs Year, not a level below

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

Refer

https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a

@htpbi , Just saw the last update, have added +0 ?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @htpbi ,

Please share screesnhots around your issue. It's hard to visualise what you are trying to convey here.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@htpbi what are your measures and how you are visualizing it? Maybe it is trying to show 2019 vs 2018 the way you are trying to visualize the data. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I have a matrix with category in the rows and then measures in the values. It is filted on 2020 and my measures are like this:

current year=sum(net sales)

last year=IF (HASONEVALUE ( '4-4-5 Calendar'[4-4-5 Year] ),CALCULATE (SUM (net sales),FILTER (ALL ( '4-4-5 Calendar' ),'4-4-5 Calendar'[4-4-5 Year] = VALUES ( '4-4-5 Calendar'[4-4-5 Year] ) - 1&& CONTAINS(VALUES ( '4-4-5 Calendar'[DayOfYear] ),'4-4-5 Calendar'[DayOfYear],'4-4-5 Calendar'[DayOfYear] ))),BLANK ())

Because I am using a retail calendar. All my data flows correctly but if I scroll down on my chart i have all these categories with no data.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 9.35.56 AM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.