Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

issues with horizontal scrolling

7000 rows excel imported into desktop BI.

have a line graph with horizontal dates - lots of dates (about 3 per date so about 2500 date points)  - ~10 years of dates

sliding/scrolling left to right is very cumbersome. 

is there no continuous scroll? - - or ability to reverse the order??

it begins default at the left which is the oldest/least current date - - to get to current date is kind of a maddening scrolling experiences...the jump back of the scroller control is slow and only goes back about 2 inches sometimes doesn't jump back at all it seems.

www.CahabaData.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexChen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I hope that you can check your  requirement. Normally we don’t need to show all detailed message on a graph.

I advise you use a date hierarchy to show different level of data.

I assume you have a table like below with 7000 rows:

1.png

To avoid a long scrolling bar on axis, you can create hierarchy to group the data and you can drill down to child level data.

2.png

If you want to reverse the order, you can go to upper right of your visual to sort by another field.

3.png

This is the result :

4.png

Best Regards

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexChen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I hope that you can check your  requirement. Normally we don’t need to show all detailed message on a graph.

I advise you use a date hierarchy to show different level of data.

I assume you have a table like below with 7000 rows:

1.png

To avoid a long scrolling bar on axis, you can create hierarchy to group the data and you can drill down to child level data.

2.png

If you want to reverse the order, you can go to upper right of your visual to sort by another field.

3.png

This is the result :

4.png

Best Regards

Alex

thnx ....just a minor quibble... and feature request....

you state that the display order can be reversed by selecting sort 'by another field'....   that's really not reversing the order of field that is the sort field ....  it just so happens in your example that there was a continuous low to high such that choosing another field worked....  but the ability to reverse sort and begin with the current year would be helpful.....  reverse sorting in general to all visuals

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.