Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vedvati
Frequent Visitor

issue with Matrix groups sub totals

Hey Guys,

I have an issue with the Power Bi Report, 

Below is the Table Matrix. We have Work Orders, then in the next column we have the Work order line items, Amount of the line items, The resources that worked on that line item and the bonus % the resources should get on the Product amount, and the bonus amount.

Work Order NoProductProduct AmountBonus AmountResourceBonus Percentage
WO000072Service Charge100010Jim Bowen1%
WO00007215K Greese15000Jim Bowen1%
WO000072Service Charge100050Rob Milton5%
WO00007215K Greese15000Rob Milton5%

In the above scenario, there are 2 resource Jim and Rob working on 2 line items, Jim gets 1% bonus and Rob get 5 % bonus.

The second line item i.e 15k Greese should not get bonus as the bonus applicable is not checked. In the report, in the Bonus Amount Column the data shown is correct. So accordingly, We should get the Total for the Bonus Amount as 60. but the total for that work order shows 120 instead of 60.

Need Help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @Vedvati 

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See this post about it
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376
Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

For your case, you could try this formula
Measure 2 = SUMX(FILTER('Table',[Bonus Status]=True()),[Product Amount]*[Bonus Percentage])

Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Where is " bonus applicable " flag.

Hi,

Following is the table.

Wo. No.Product NameProduct AmountResource WorkingBonus StatusBonus PercentCalculted Bonus(Product Amount*Bonus Percent/100)Final Bonus(If Bonus Status is True)
WO0001Service Charge15000RobTrue1150150
WO00015 K PCE3000NickTrue13030
WO0001Service Charge15000NickFalse11500
WO00015 K PCE3000RobTrue26060
WO0001Discount0NickTrue100

I want to show this in Matrix Format.

I will be showing 2 Matrix.

1. Total Matrix

This Matrix will show

Wo.No.Product TotalBonus Total% Revenue
WO0001360002400.67%

2. Bonus By Resources Matrix

This Matrix will show

Wo.No.ProductRobNick
WO0001Service Charge1500
 5 K PCE6030
 Discount 0
Total 21030

I need to show like this. Kindly help me with this.

I am getting Bonus Amount rihgt in query table but showing double the original value in matrix as 2 resources are working on it.

Need urgent help. Thank you.

We are getting the number shown in the table. What is the expected number?Screenshot 2020-01-23 14.19.18.png

I am getting double value. Calculated Bonus and Final Bonus are Custom and Conditional Columns respectively.

Hi,

Kindly have look into my report.

Matrix Table.PNG

Matrix View.PNG

hi @Vedvati 

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See this post about it
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376
Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

For your case, you could try this formula
Measure 2 = SUMX(FILTER('Table',[Bonus Status]=True()),[Product Amount]*[Bonus Percentage])

Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. I have one more doubt.

I have many Products with the same name in one work order. Right now it is getting clubbed.

How to show it separately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors