Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RakeshP
Helper I
Helper I

is scheduling possible in power bi??

Hi All,

lets assume a case where we need to schedule a report to run at a particular date and time and we need to send the result of that report as an attachment to some users via some email.

Is power BI supports this request??

What are the export options available with Power BI??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rakesh.P

6 REPLIES 6
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@RakeshP We can schedule Power BI reports for refresh and once refreshed, dashboard also refreshes to reflect the latest data. But you cannot send auto emails to users. You need to manually export to pdf and send as an attachment.

@narrapriya11 FYI based on latest update in Power BI dated 6th Jan'16 given here, we can now export data to csv and print or convert to pdf as well. 

Hope this helps! 

thanks Ashish for the info. Yesterday itself i have gone through the link which you have given reg. jan 6th release updates from power bi.

Actually i am comparing the power bi tool with other bi tools where they are supporting export of multiple formats.

narrapriya11
Regular Visitor

Right now we don't have any dash board scheduling options in Power bi.

If u want to create a scheduleing to refresh the data on the dataset we can do that, but dashboard scheduling we can't.

We can't attach the dashboard in email, this feature is not avaiable in . Microsoft Dev Team working on this right now.

Is power BI supports this request??

What type of request u r talking about.

What are the export options available with Power BI??

Export option is not available right now.

Scheduled distribution is a no, as covered above, but you can set data-driven alerts on the iOS app. Looks like it's still iOS only.

scheduled data driven alerts should be available via we as well.. i wonder why not?

Thanks Priya for the info.

Framing the question in another way. i mean to ask Do power bi supports this feature ??(i have wrote as request)

Once again thank u

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.