Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Akechi

is it possible to make a drilled down matrix looks like a normal table?

BI Community question.jpg

the result shall look like:

city 1 , category1,paraname 1, paraValue1 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 1 , category1,paraname 1, paraValue2 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 1 , category1,paraname 2, paraValue3 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 1 , category1,paraname 2, paraValue4 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 1 , category2,paraname 3, paraValue5 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 1 , category2,paraname 3, paraValue6 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

city 2 , category3,paraname 4, paraValue7 ,  # value , % Value, ...........................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Akechi 

As far as I know, this can't be done unless you change the data model and replace the matrix with a table.
This is by design and it makes the row hierarchy more visible.
If the row hierarchy is not striking enough for you, then you can turn on the collapsed icon under Row headers and turn on the horizontal grid and change the thickness and color of the gridlines under Grid.
Then you will get the following result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1634704799561.png

This is enough for me to make me clear. Hope it's also useful to you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Akechi 

As far as I know, this can't be done unless you change the data model and replace the matrix with a table.
This is by design and it makes the row hierarchy more visible.
If the row hierarchy is not striking enough for you, then you can turn on the collapsed icon under Row headers and turn on the horizontal grid and change the thickness and color of the gridlines under Grid.
Then you will get the following result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1634704799561.png

This is enough for me to make me clear. Hope it's also useful to you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Zeon

That was what I thought, it's nice to be confirmed by a community support member.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Akechi 

Not very clear but as I understood, you can use the CONCATENATEX function to join the value in a measure: Check the following similar example:

Fowmy_1-1634467277463.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi Fowmy

Thanks for your reply.

I know the solution of combining columns. 

What I need here is to make the matrix looks like a fake table.

To make the parent row grids act like normal cells.

I have played the same trick in SSRS.

Wonder if power BI can do the same. 

Thank again for your quick reply.

@Akechi 

Sorry, not getting it, can you attach a file with sample data and provide a clear explanation ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.