Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

integrating Powerapps with desktop bi

Is there any updates on this capability? I would like to use PowerApps as a way to filter my data (as if I’m the consumer and I’m wanting to “pick and choose” which products I want”) and the use power bi to display various visuals with various what if scenarios from what was selected in Powerapps.

1. I know there’s a custom visual that’s in power bi, do I need to create the power app first and then use that data source? Example, upload excel to one drive, create an app that uses that excel table data, then in power bi use “get data” to get the same table from one drove.

2.Or, can I create a new app based on the data that’s already in my power bi data set?
2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. After you import the custom visual of PowerApps , you could choose the existing app or create a new one. So you don't need to use the same data source.
  2. You could create a PowerApps visual using the dataset in Service.

There is a related video that you can learn from to integrate PowerApps in Power BI Desktop.

Integrating PowerApps into Power BI Reports

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xuding-msft thanks for the reply, I am aware of the capabilities you mentioned. What I have found is that the powerapp visual cannot filter a power bi visual (matrix or example). It seems I’m only able to manipulate the powerapp visual - I’m trying to do the opposite. If I’m wrong, please tell me! Would love to resolve this issue!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.