Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

incremental refresh setting power BI desktop

Hello Experts,

I have configured my data set for incremental refresh as the following manner. I have 2 main tables and 2-3 refrenced tables. Main tables having date time with refrenced tables having month column. I want to refresh data for last 9 months and after that I want to refresh only daily data. 
1. Do I need 2 seprate coulumns for (Rangestart, RangeEnd) and maximum datetime column in incremental refresh setup?Screenshot from 2021-04-08 12-40-25.pngScreenshot from 2021-04-08 12-45-37.png

On service, I am getting useless data. Cards are showing infinity, trends are getting doubled for some dates.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-shex-msft  Thank you so much. I found the issue. Issue is related to query folding. When I change type of any column query folding doesn't apply and due to this incremental refresh is not working. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Does incremental refresh works with mysql database import mode ? As I don't get view native query option with this.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Minakshi ,

no, you filter the same column with the desired range.

Be sure that you set the filter of the data column properly ("is after or equal" and "if before"):

filter-rows.png

Then the refresh should work.

Also check the documentation, it's pretty well described:

Incremental refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

@selimovd I want data to be refreshed for last 9 months. In my RangeStart (3/1/2021) and RangeEnd(5/1/2021) . Data is coming correct with March and April. For remaining  months cards go blank.
can you help me with this.Screenshot from 2021-04-08 15-41-49.png

HI @Minakshi,

>>Data is coming correct with March and April. For remaining  months cards go blank.

I'm not so clear about your description, can you please explain more about these? Did you mean the refresh not affect some of the report contents?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft  Thank you so much. I found the issue. Issue is related to query folding. When I change type of any column query folding doesn't apply and due to this incremental refresh is not working. 

HI @Minakshi,

I'm glad to hear you find the root causing and share it here.‌‌🙂
I think they will help others who faced the same scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.