Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

handrianto

inconsistent weekend weekday DAX calculated value

I use DAX function: GetWeekDay = WEEKDAY(WEEKDAY([DropOffTimeLocal].[Date],2)) to get the weekday value. Apparently, it has  different result for the same day. for the same March 3, 2017 and March 10, 2017. the weekday function return 2 different values. wheres it is a Friday (value 5), instead some of them return Saturday (value 6)

inconsistent weekend - weekday identifier.JPG

Is it a bug in function or not ?

Thanks a lot for your response..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @handrianto,

I notice that the date place in the table visual is [PickUpTimeLocal], while the GetWeekDay = WEEKDAY([DropOffTimeLocal].[Date],2).

And I also find there are records [PickUpTimeLocal] date is not equal to the [DropOffTimeLocal] date. As you compare the [PickUpTimeLocal] date with the weekday value from the [DropOffTimeLocal], the result you get is expected.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @handrianto,

I notice that the date place in the table visual is [PickUpTimeLocal], while the GetWeekDay = WEEKDAY([DropOffTimeLocal].[Date],2).

And I also find there are records [PickUpTimeLocal] date is not equal to the [DropOffTimeLocal] date. As you compare the [PickUpTimeLocal] date with the weekday value from the [DropOffTimeLocal], the result you get is expected.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ah.. How can I do such silly mistake.. I copy paste the DAX from other BI report and forgot to change the column reference from droptime into pickuptime. didn't catch that for 2 days.

Thank you very much for your help Quiyu..

handrianto

Hi Qiuyun Yu, Thanks for the response. I've already update PBI Desktop to the latest update May 2017. I've corrected the DAX function (silly me) as you suggest. GetWeekDay = WEEKDAY([DropOffTimeLocal].[Date],2). but apparently after re-run the function and I checked the table test result; it is still the same.

in fact now I notice it is randomly occur in other dates.

DAX functionDAX functionPBI Desktop VersionPBI Desktop Version8 march8 march9 March9 March10 March10 March

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @handrianto,

In your scenario, please remove the one WeekDay() function and keep only one like below:

GetWeekDay = WEEKDAY(WEEKDAY([Date].[Date],2))

Also please try to run the desktop version latest one 2.46.4732.721 64-bit (May 2017). If issue persists, please share .pbix file if possible.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.