Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

import multiple CSV files from sharepoint folder

Hi all!

First of all, I know this is maybe a rookie question but I am so new in power bi.

I need to create a dashboard with ServiceNow data, this data will generate a different CSV every week that will be stored in a sharepoint folder with an unique name every day.

I need to import several CSV´s that are inside this sharepoint folder, and the power bi automatically updated every week appending the new CSV´s with unique name to the CSV´s that are already in the power bi

Is there any easy way to achieve this? i am also lost about how to add multiple CSV´s from a sharepoint folder as the only thing i see is a table with the name binary and when i click on the double arrow i only take one of the files... so definitely i am doing something wrong

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

It sounds like you're doing things the correct way... 

Either way i'll show you with some pictures: 

image.png

Navigate to the correct directory and then filter to make sure only the relevant files remain.Navigate to the correct directory and then filter to make sure only the relevant files remain.

Press the double arrow.Press the double arrow.

Select which parameter you want to extract from each file.Select which parameter you want to extract from each file.

This should give you the data from all of the files combined in the following manner:
image.png

Hope this helps, 
J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

As far as I know. SharePoint folder is currently the only and best way of importing multiple files. You can read this article to check details of shaping the data in power query.

Best,
Paul

I published this blog post today on how to do the merge process. https://marqueeinsights.com/how-to-merge-multiple-excel-files-with-power-bi/ That might be helpful.

Also note, we have a Power BI commercial solution that works with ServiceNow directly, without the CSV downloads. Send me a direct message if this is potentially of interest.

Hope this helps!

--Treb, Power BI MVP

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

It sounds like you're doing things the correct way... 

Either way i'll show you with some pictures: 

image.png

Navigate to the correct directory and then filter to make sure only the relevant files remain.Navigate to the correct directory and then filter to make sure only the relevant files remain.

Press the double arrow.Press the double arrow.

Select which parameter you want to extract from each file.Select which parameter you want to extract from each file.

This should give you the data from all of the files combined in the following manner:
image.png

Hope this helps, 
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors