Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sedric1
Helper III
Helper III

import folder breaks when adding a new excel file

Hi I am trying to figure out how to troubleshoot some import errors. I have a folder with 2 excel files that I imported as my data source.

I added a 3rd excel file that potentially has new or missing column names when compared to the other two files. On top of that the columns are not in the same order. They do all however have the same tab name in each excel file.

On the 3rd file I get this error message on "transform file (2)":

sedric1_1-1601935154467.png

When it comes to troubleshooting something like this, where do I start? I clicked on the transform file function but don't quite know what the error is about at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mpicca13
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@sedric1 @ Try this video, this should help

https://youtu.be/mg_qLIQjjaM

If this helped please mark my reply as a solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @sedric1 : the first thing to check is corresponding M Code generated by Power BI.

You can click on small gear icon on each step (Source/Filter File1/Function1 etc) and try to understand if they are not showing any error.

If any step is giving error, try removing that step and see if the problem solves. If yes, that means that was the problamatic step and you might have to rethink the logic for implementing that one again in a different way. Else if the problem still exists there must be another step further down which might be causing the conflict.

2.PNG

Let me know how you go, or if you can share sample PBIX file, i can try helping out.

Happy debugging 🙂

Thanks,

Namish

mpicca13
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@sedric1 @ Try this video, this should help

https://youtu.be/mg_qLIQjjaM

If this helped please mark my reply as a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.