Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

import Apigee data into Power BI

Hi,

I recently start using Power BI desktop to analyze some datasets.  I have some datasets from Apigee which I'd like to pull into my existing Power BI dashboard to display real-time visualizations.  I know there is a Real-time Streaming, but it requires a Power BI app to be developed and authenticate with Azuare and then push data from Apigee to Power BI, that's a lot of hassle (maybe a sample Apigee-Power BI app?).  Is there an easy way to just pull Apigee data into Power BI?  

Thanks,

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If you need to display real-time visualizations, it is not an easy task, you would need to utilize Azure Streaming Analytics. You can push data from Apigee to Azure Event Hub, then create Azure Streaming Analytics jobs and output data to Power BI to create a real-time dashboard. For more details, please review this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-power-bi-dashboard .

However, if you don’t persist to have real-time visualizations, based on my research, you can connect to Apigee via “Get Data->Web” entry in Power BI Desktop, then import data from Apigee into Desktop, create reports and publish reports to Power BI Service. This way, you can set schedule refresh for your dataset, reports will be updated based on your schedule.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If you need to display real-time visualizations, it is not an easy task, you would need to utilize Azure Streaming Analytics. You can push data from Apigee to Azure Event Hub, then create Azure Streaming Analytics jobs and output data to Power BI to create a real-time dashboard. For more details, please review this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-power-bi-dashboard .

However, if you don’t persist to have real-time visualizations, based on my research, you can connect to Apigee via “Get Data->Web” entry in Power BI Desktop, then import data from Apigee into Desktop, create reports and publish reports to Power BI Service. This way, you can set schedule refresh for your dataset, reports will be updated based on your schedule.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for the detailed info on Azure streaming and the alternative solutions using Refresh.  For Azure, it's interesting and we will look further. For Refresh, I see the max. refresh rate is every 3 hour during a 24-hr period.  Can it be hourly? 

Best regards,

Walter

Hi @Anonymous,

No. Schedule refresh is up to eight times  per day.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.