Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

image url view

Image test.png

Hi @Pragati11     Here is an image of what I see, notice I have the data category as Image URL and have the column formula listed.  I appreciate your help.  I had to start a new thread in order to upload an image.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @jcastr02,

I think you're using an image file URL that's stored on a network drive and shared with external, right?
If this is a case, I would like to suggest that you check your link to confirm if they require any additional redirects or authorizations first.

As far as I know and the test, the current power bi only supports recognizing the link of the root image file without any other redirection or checks. You can switch to the link in the root image file and try again to confirm whether they can be displayed in the report.

Notice:

Root image link means web URL that can directly locate image files. (e.g. www.xxxxx.com/xxxxx.jpg, www.xxxxx.com/xxxxx.png...)

Best regards

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcastr02 ,

The highlighted image in your screesnhot, seems to be broken therefore it is showing you a blue icon under "One Plan Image" visual.
Can you try checking you url in the browser whether it is working or not?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 I copied and pasted the link into a browser and it worked.

Hello @jcastr02,

I think you're using an image file URL that's stored on a network drive and shared with external, right?
If this is a case, I would like to suggest that you check your link to confirm if they require any additional redirects or authorizations first.

As far as I know and the test, the current power bi only supports recognizing the link of the root image file without any other redirection or checks. You can switch to the link in the root image file and try again to confirm whether they can be displayed in the report.

Notice:

Root image link means web URL that can directly locate image files. (e.g. www.xxxxx.com/xxxxx.jpg, www.xxxxx.com/xxxxx.png...)

Best regards

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In the screenshot, I am not able to see the data category as an image URL. But I can see you are returning an empty string in else. Return blank() there and make sure is Image URL, it should work if the source URL does not redirect it to image

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

imagetest.png

Hello @amitchandak I put the blank() in else but still getting a generic image...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.