Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raj007
Helper III
Helper III

ignore the value selected in slicer so that the bar graph will show all..measure..

Hi All, Thanks for your time. I have this scenario with the data from 2 tables 

1)Table1: this includes the dataset of ticket incidents and this dataset is joined to kind of mapping table based on event_code

1 event code can have multiple ticket incidents

2).Table2: this is kind of mapping table that is joined with the Table1 and this includes some derived fields current or previous1 or previous2 etc

I have the slicer coming from Table2 as this field helps  me to filter specific - but i do not want the selection to apply for the bar graph only (i still need this applied to KPIs using card but not for the bar graph)

I have tried sevaral options using ALL, REMOVEFILTERS, ALLSELECTED in my measure but nothing is working..

I use 1 field to slicer and use another field in bar graph.... when the value in slicer is selected i do not want the bar graph to get impact -- meaning it should everything from my field that i used in my bar graph

Raj007_1-1653011853755.png

my measure = vTotalTickets=calculate(distinctcountnoblank(TicketIncidnetNumber) )

3 REPLIES 3
Raj007
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Amit, as always thanks a lot. edit interactions and turn off - but i want to understand why the

REMOVEFILTERS(),ALL(), ALLSELECTED() are not working..

i have the filter field in 1 table

measure is the count of a column which is in another table

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Raj007 , if you do want to apply to bar two then use edit interaction.

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

You might need an independent table

Need of an Independent Table in Power BI: https://youtu.be/lOEW-YUrAbE

Hi Amit,

i have this solution and i think this should help me -- in such scenario where i do not want to use the

"edit interactions" and independent table - this is like 3rd option but i need expertise

1).I want to get the column that i used for slicer from the mapping table - one side

2) into my many side table and use the removefilters(use the column that is pulled)

and count the distinct tickets from the many side table - this is where i use the measure to count

what do you think of this approach

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.