Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ignore the top N filter for calculation of percentage value

i have the simple scnerio as below .

dw_id   diagname                                   dead                 date

1           heartfailure                                 2                     06/07/2019

2              kidney problem                     3                     04/07/2019

3             asthama                                       4                     05/07/19

i have like 100 category of dignosisname and i have used the bar chart to show only 10 deads during that period . where i have the date as slicer and dw_id in the filterpane . i need to have the measure of dead % when i categorize by diganosisname  = dead of that category/total dead . But when i strict the top 10 it is stricting the total count for that tile and % is showing the wrong value . For example i have total dead for the time period of jan 2019 is 400 and top 10 dead is limiting to 300 count . Value is being calculated on 300 instead of 400 . Is there any way i can ignore the top N filter for calculation ?

currently i am using measure like below :

dead % by diagnname = divide(sum(dead),calculate(sum(head),allexpect(date,dw_id))

8 REPLIES 8
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Modified measure "total" as below

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),ALLSELECTED(Sheet6))

12.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : To explain further . Here are the two scenerios

1) one with filter : In below way 100% is correct .

2) without filter : But this case is failing like  below in the inital reply suggested . I am seeing asthama 40.74 % which is wrong . can i get 11/36 =30.5 % . I know that you suggested to use ALL instead of ALLselected but in this case case 1) is failing . I need both the cases to work . Can i have the formula written in such a way ?

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on the measures above

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),ALL(Sheet6))

per_cate = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet6),Sheet6[diagname]=MAX(Sheet6[diagname])))

% = [per_cate]/[total]

rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Sheet6),Sheet6[%],,DESC,Dense)

flag = IF([rank]<=SELECTEDVALUE('topn table'[topn]),1,0)

Plus the steps below:

1.Create a table

diagname table = VALUES(Sheet6[diagname])

Leave it alone, don't connect to other tables

add [diagname] in the slicer

2. create measures in Sheet4 (my table)

total_2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),ALLSELECTED(Sheet6))

filtered_name = SELECTEDVALUE('diagname table'[diagname])

%_2 = IF([filtered_name]=MAX(Sheet6[diagname]),[per_cate]/[total_2])

MODIFIED_% = IF(ISFILTERED('diagname table'[diagname]),[%_2],[%])

7.png8.png

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : If you see below screenshot when diagname filtered by asthama i was able to see the chart  but when  i apply both asthama and  hearfailure i am not seeing any data in the chart . Can you help here please :

userquestion.jpg

no data.jpg

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

1.Create a new table not related to any other table( have no relationship between this table and other tables)

4.png

Add [topn] from this table to a slicer

2. create measures in main table

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),ALLSELECTED(Sheet6))

per_cate = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet6),Sheet6[diagname]=MAX(Sheet6[diagname])))

% = [per_cate]/[total]

rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Sheet6),Sheet6[%],,DESC,Dense)

flag = IF([rank]<=SELECTEDVALUE('topn table'[topn]),1,0)

3. add [flag] to the visual level filter of the column chart

5.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

Thanks for responding you almost reached my requirement but is not  exactly what i am looking for .

to explain that in the screenshot below i have total dead is 36 and as per below i selected top 3 per say . My user is saying he need the formula in below way % for asthama should be = 11/36 =30.5 % but what you are showing is 40.74 .

Reason is total dead is being restricted to top 3 even if we have 5 ranks . But i need the percentage to be calculated in above way . Is that possible if i apply flag as you shown ?

top10n.jpg

Hi @Anonymous 

Modify formula

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet6[dead]),ALL(Sheet6))

1.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft : Thanks for response but still my user request is not solved . Below is the screeshot which i am attaching with clear requirement . if i applied the filter % should be 100 % and without filter it is giving correct value .Below description explains the clearly of requirement:

%fix.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.