Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ignore "some" filters in filter pane

Hello,

I have a fact table called sales.  In it there foreign keys to the following dimension tables;

- Region - this includes the region and selling office

- Product - this includes the product name

- Name  - this includes the sales rep

I then have some visuals.  Let's say a bar chart that groups everything by region (so sales by region)

I want it to sum everything, but only allow the region filter to work from the filter pane.  (note, the reason for this is the filters are report level filters, so i want users to be able to use them on other pages, but not this page).

I wrote the following. 

amount_dax1 = CALCULATE(SUM(SALES[amount]),ALL('product'),all('name'),ALLEXCEPT(region,region[Region]))

The ALL function is working as intended (the filters are ignored in the product or name dimension).  My challenge is the region and selling office are in the same dimension table, but i can't tell it to allow the region filter but ignore the selling office.  Note, for other reasons i can't split the region dimension table into 2 dimensions.

For some reason it looks like ALLEXCEPT doesn't acknowledge the filter pane.  Is this true or is my syntax wrong?  Is there another option?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This should be caused by your syntax errors.
You can try to filter by using only the allexcept function.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.