Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YBZ
Helper III
Helper III

ignore column in matrix visual

Hi all,

I have a basic Matrix in which I would like to add a Total column which shows the average cost per row..

YBZ_0-1637927778694.png

I created a measure that calculates the total average. When I add it to the matrix, I have the measure as well in my monthly columns, while I would like to see only thte total average monthly cost.

YBZ_1-1637927908013.png

Anybody knows how I remove the average monthly cost out of the columns? 

Much appreciated as always,

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Disable auto column resize. Disable column header word wrap. Disable value word wrap.  Then make the offending columns as narrow as you can so they won't show any more.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
YBZ
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks that works. Small problem now exists that my remaining columns are pretty wide as I cannot resize them anymore. Anything I can do about that?

Uncheck responsive layout for your visual, or make the entire visual narrower.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Disable auto column resize. Disable column header word wrap. Disable value word wrap.  Then make the offending columns as narrow as you can so they won't show any more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.