Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klb0066
Frequent Visitor

if statement

Creating a splicer with title "Has Due Date?" with True or False checkboxes. Coded an if statement that recognizes if field was left bank then it is false and if the field has a date it is true.

hasDue = if(ISBLANK(MX_TICKET[TARGETFINISH]),FALSE(),TRUE())

Would like to add an overdue option. How do I add this to my statement and link current date to due date then identify if it overdue?

6 REPLIES 6
Smauro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @klb0066

I'm guessing [hasDue] is a column, so, you could either a) create a new column and refresh the model every day or b) have a measure and have a table visual with what you need.

a) 

isDue = IF ( [hasDue] && [TARGETFINISH] <= TODAY() , TRUE(), FALSE() )

Which checks if your [hasDue] is true and the finish target was before or today. One thing you may want to check with your data is whether you have items which are already finished in your table. If so you'll need another clause like NOT([Completed]) or [CompletedDate]=BLANK()

b) 

isDue =
VAR d =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( MX_TICKET[hasDue] )
VAR tf =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( MX_TICKET[TARGETFINISH] )
RETURN
    IF ( d && tf <= TODAY (), TRUE (), FALSE () )

Which does the same as previous, but the table visual should contain a table key (meaning no row is aggregated)

Feel free to connect with me:
LinkedIn

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @klb0066

Create a calculated column

overdue = IF(ISBLANK([target]),BLANK(),IF([date]>[target],1,0) )

15.png

Best Regards

Maggie

klb0066
Frequent Visitor

Created this statement for a splicer

Identifies blank entries as false and entries that have a date as true. I want to add and overdue checkbox. How do I relate current date to due dates then pull out over due pieces?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

what is the logic to create overdue option?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

It is for work and you are allowed to enter the due date or enter no due date (we are changing this procedure as entering in no due date is pointless now). I want to be able to see what work is overdue that has a due date.

Hi @klb0066

What do you mean by "you are allowed to enter the due date or enter no due date"?

If your current date is a column which exsits in the table, you can use the following formula

create calculated column, then add this column to a slicer

cretae a measure, then add this measure to the Visual Filter

if over due = IF(MAX([TARGETFINISH])>MAX([current date]),1,0)

14.png

If the current date refer to today, you can use TODAY( ) to replace [current date].

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.