Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jainaba
Frequent Visitor

if measure based on different row

Hello all, in need help with a measue 

I am trying to get a number based on another number that is tied to a difffrent code that i have relatioships to.

I have a fact table that and created lots of measurments. all the measuments work if im doing a a relationship with many to many filtering both ways, exept this one. 

If i change the relationship to filter the fact table to my data base the other measures do not give the correct number but this one does. 

Which leaves me to belive i need to work on this measure. 

here is how i have it written. 

#2 Hang Tend = if( CONTAINS('Fact Table','Fact Table'[Item Name],"tend"),
CALCULATE(
CALCULATE((sum(PDSSN[PIECE_CNT])/2),PDSSN[YLD_GROUP] in {2030})
-
CALCULATE(Sum(PDSSN[PIECE_CNT]),PDSSN[YLD_GROUP] in{4098})
))

I have been trying to figure this out for days any help on this would be greatly appricated!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jainaba
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out what i was missing was the cross filter 

@Jainaba wrote:

I am trying to get a number based on another number that is tied to a difffrent code that i have relatioships to.

I have a fact table that and created lots of measurments. all the measuments work if im doing a a relationship with many to many filtering both ways, exept this one. 

If i change the relationship to filter the fact table to my data base the other measures do not give the correct number but this one does. 

CALCULATE(
-
))

I have been trying to figure this out for days any help on this would be greatly appricated!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jainaba
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out what i was missing was the cross filter 

@Jainaba wrote:

CALCULATE(
-
))

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Jainaba ,

To understand  your scenario better, please share some data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Please refer to this blog about how to get your question answered quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.