Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dw700d
Post Patron
Post Patron

identifier when value is in list or not in list

The Team A table below has 3 columns. Column 1 is a Director column that identifies the director of the team A member found in column 2. Column 2 is a column for Team “A” team members. Column 3 is a column that shows who the team A member works with.

Team A Table
DirectorTeam A MemberWorks with Name
AmyCarlDave
AmyLarryADAM
ToneyMikeDave
ToneyTomAdam
ToneyJerryKEN 
SamNyraKEN 
SamFelixDave

The organization table below has 2 columns, a column for all members of the organization (this includes members of team A, people team A works with and others) . the second column shows the VP for every member in the organization.

Organizational Table
VPTeam Member
CharlesCarl
CharlesLarry
CharlesMike
BobTom
BobJerry
BobNyra
StephenFelix
AbeCarl
TrevorLarry
JoeMike
BellaTom
KarenJerry
MitchNyra
JarvisFelix

I would like to create a Table that shows me a list of all VP’s and has an identifier that says “Y” if any  value in the team member column from the organizational table is found in the works with name  column of the Team A table, It would say “N”  otherwise.

I would also like the ability to filter those results by the Team A director column in the Team A Table.

Can someone help me with a measure?. I have tried to merge the two tables but that doesn’t work because it gives me a  Y & N value when  VP’s have team members that are both in the works with name column and not on the column

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

If I understand right you :

1) A list of all VP

2) use the related Team Member and look up if the name is found works with name column.

->

VPTeam memberWorks with Name
CharlesCarlnot found
CharlesLarrynot found 
CharlesMikenot found

Did you perhaps mean the Team A Member column?

Than you want to filter the Team A Table, how this should work? I do not understand it. You can filter VP, did you mean this? 

Make please a good example with some sample datas 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.