Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snifer
Post Patron
Post Patron

ideas for make display data in matrix

i try to explain what my goal,

monthamountcurrencyamount  converted in dkk
11000dkk1000
2500eur2000

my data are stored in table where sometimes currency is eur sometime dkk

i need to build matrix that will display  eur or dkk

to do that i would like to have a kind of slicer or something else to select what currency will be displayed in the matrix

is that possible?

i just need the possibility to display a value or other in the matrix based on a selector

i got the idea to create a measure in dax that allow me to select 1 column or 2 column, and the put this measure in the value field of the matrix

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Select-a-Column-From-a-Calculated-Table-Inside-a-Measure/td...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-Column-content-based-on-slicer-selection/td-p/378628

can anyone see if it is possible and what dax query  will allow this_?

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @snifer,

If you'd like to select the currency in a slicer, I would suggest you create an independent [Currencies] table. Please download the demo from the attachment.

1. Create a new table.

Currencies = VALUES(Table1[currency])

2. Create a measure.

Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Currencies[currency] ) = "eur",
    SUMX ( FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[currency] = "dkk" ), [amount] )
        / 4
        + SUMX ( FILTER ( Table1, Table1[currency] = "eur" ), [amount] ),
    IF (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( Currencies[currency] ) = "dkk",
        SUMX ( FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[currency] = "dkk" ), [amount] )
            + SUMX ( FILTER ( Table1, Table1[currency] = "eur" ), [amount] )
        SUM ( Table1[amount] )
    )
)

ideas-for-make-display-data-in-matrix

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft

I modified your lines to make work for mine seems to work, the only "issue " is that if I want to display  a company that is already in dkk and the selector dkk is not marked then the matrix is empty

it will be nice to have the possibility that when local currency = DKK the display selecting automatically both local currency and dkk

can I modify the below code to have that?

Measure =
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( CurrencySelector[value] ) = "DKK",
SUMX ( FILTER ( UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod, 'UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod'[Currency selector] = "DKK" ), UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[PeriodAmountDKK] ),
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( CurrencySelector[value] ) = "Local Currency",
SUMX ( FILTER ( 'UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod', UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[Currency selector] = "Local currency" ), UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[Period Amount] ),

SUM(UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[PeriodAmountDKK])
))

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

@v-jiascu-msft

I tried this combo but i cant make it work

Measure-total =
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( CurrencySelector[value] ) = "DKK",
SUMX ( FILTER ( UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod, 'UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod'[Currency selector] = "DKK" ), UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[-amount] ),
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( CurrencySelector[value] ) = "Local Currency",
SUMX ( FILTER ( 'UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod', UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[Currency selector] = "Local currency" ), UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[-amount] ),

IF ( SELECTEDVALUE(CurrencySelector[value]) = "Local Currency" && IF(LOOKUPVALUE(UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[Currency selector],UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[Currency selector], "DKK"), SUM(UploadAccountsCurrentyPeriod[-amount] )
))))

@v-jiascu-msft

if local currency dkk 

if selected "local currency" display values in dkk (because local currency is dkk) ->[Period Amount]

if selected dkk display same values of the currency of before ->[Period Amount]

if local currency not dkk 

if selected "local currency" display local currency ->[Period Amount]

if selected "dkk" display values in dkk ->[PeriodAmountDKK]

to calculate the conversion values I made 2 measure already done and work 100%

[Period Amount] -> local currency

and 

[PeriodAmountDKK] measure that convert in dkk

Hi @snifer,

Can you share a more accurate sample, please? Please mask the sensitive parts first.

I don't know the "local currency" from current messages.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft

there is a column in table 1 where is written or "dkk" or "local currency" the column is called currency selector

following your first post I create a secondary table where I do have the measure u told me and the column to select or "dkk" or "local currency" 

do all data stored in 2 table

selected value are in table 1 is the selector

and all data in table 2

if local currency dkk (table 2)

if selected (table 1)"local currency" display values in dkk (because local currency is dkk) ->(table 2)[Period Amount]

if selected (table 1)dkk display same values of the currency of before ->(table 2)[Period Amount]

if local currency not dkk (table 2)

if selected (table 1) "local currency" display local currency ->(table 2)[Period Amount]

if selected (table 1)"dkk" display values in dkk ->(table 2)[PeriodAmountDKK]

to calculate the conversion values I made 2 measure already done and work 100%

[Period Amount] -> local currency

and 

[PeriodAmountDKK] measure that convert in dkk

Hi @snifer,

Can you share your file? Please mask the sensitive parts. You only need to keep a few records. I think we have done the same thing. It could be something wrong with other parts. 

I had attached a file. You can also modify it and point out the issues.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.